Safety on the slopes
All staff of Vuokatti slopes is trained to provide first aid. The Red Cross representative is often present on the slopes. In case of an accident there will be at least two people with necessary equipment to provide help. The evaluation of the accident is done on the spot, which allows to decide quickly whether the patient needed to be transported to the emergency hospital. Each accident is recorded.
Rules of conduct on the slopes
- Check your equipment and all the bindings before entering the skiing area. Wearing of a helmet is advised.
- Join the queue for the lift and take the first place available. Leave the lift only in the places indicated
- Choose a trail according to your level of skiing. Take time to study the trail beforehand.
- Keep the distance with other skiers on the slope. Give way to those descending behind you. Be careful in case you see children on the slope.
- Stop only in places where you can clearly be seen. If you need to go up, use the edge of the slope.
- Adjust your speed according to your level. Pay attention to the snow and general slope conditions.
- Sledging is allowed only in the places indicated. You sledge at your own risk.
- Being intoxicated on the slopes is strictly forbidden.
- In case of an accident, provide all possible aid and inform the staff.
- Follow all the instructions of the staff members. The personnel have the right to withdraw the ski pass from any skier disobeying the rules.
(Read more about the safety on slopes: ski.fi)
In case of an accident