Written 10.2.2022. Latest edition 10.2.2023.
1. Register keeper
Vuokatin Matkailukeskus Oy (henceforth VMK Ltd)
2. Person in charge of the register
3. Name of the register
Customer register of VMK Ltd.
4. The purpose of using personal data
The data collected from the website is used for statistics and possibly for monitoring behaviour on the website. The data is mainly collected by third parties, for example Google Analytics.
Personal data collected separately, for example with the help of forms, will only be used for pre-determined purposes, which are as follows:
- Telling about our services
- Targeting raffles
- Keeping up with customers
- Keeping up with co-operating partners
Giving personal data and using it is based on the registered person’s approval, execution of a contract or the justified interests of the register keeper. Personal data is used only to the extent that is necessary regarding the above mentioned purposes, and in a way that the registered persons can reasonably expect when giving the data.
5. Data content and personal data groups in the register
The customer register of VMK Ltd. includes:
- Subscribers to the newsletter
- The partners of VMK Ltd.
- The users of Vuokatti’s social media when participating in raffles
- The users of vuokatti.fi database and event calendar
Data can include for example:
- First and last name (plus possible honorific)
- Name of the company/organization (and department)
- Business ID
- Profiling information (classification, e.g. industry)
- Group information (e.g. mailing group)
- Phone number (land line and cell phone)
- Fax number
- Website address
- Customer history, log data (e.g. contacts with the customer)
- Possible mailing restrictions (email and mail)
The data collected with the monitoring tools (Google Analytics) of the website is demographic, and cannot be used to personalize the user. All monitoring data is anonymous, and cannot be traced back to a single person (i.e. it is impossible to use the data for targeted marketing). Data being collected includes:
- Browser used to visit the website
- Duration of the visit
6. Data retention
All data collected from the website is kept only in electric form. Personal data is primarily kept as long as a person continues to be a customer. Anyone can leave our marketing list through the link included in all our marketing emails.
7. Regular sources of information
Data is collected from the customers themselves when they subscribe to the newsletter, as well as at customer and sales events, fairs and competitions.
Customer data is also recorded relating to companies’ representatives and other agents, as they use the database and/or event calendar on the vuokatti.fi website.
Personal data collected through cookies and analytics, visitor statistics and tracking is information transmitted by the browser and internet connection that does not convey information that identifies the visitor as an individual. Nor is the information processed or aggregated at any point in time in such a way as to identify the visitor.
8. Regular disclosures and transfers of data outside the EU or EEA
- Data is not regularly handed over to other parties. Data can be published as far as has been agreed on with the customer.
- Data is not regularly transferred or handed over outside the EU or ETA, excluding data collected by possible outside services mentioned in section 7.
The right to review and demand corrections to the data
Every person in the register has the right to review their register data and demand corrections to erroneous or inadequate data. If a person wants to review their register data or demand corrections, a written request must be sent to the register keeper. The register keeper has the right to ask the sender of the request to prove their identity. The register keeper will reply to the customer within the time required by GDPR (mainly within a month).
10. Principles of register security
Access to the register requires a personal user ID and password given by the register keeper. User ID is given when access to the register is granted. Access ends when a person no longer works at tasks for which access was granted. User ID is cancelled at the same time.
The system only works on the operator’s servers, to which only technical maintenance staff has access. The servers are located in EU/ETA area, in guarded and fireproof server rooms.
The system containing statistics (e.g. Google Analytics) can only be accessed by those who need it for work. Each user has their own user ID and password. Data is collected into databases provided by different measurement services. These databases are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means.
11. Who processes the data?
Access to the register data is granted to the controller, i.e. VMK Ltd.’s staff, or to a trusted party designated by VMK Ltd. Personal data may be transferred to co-organisers of events and funders of publicly funded projects. Processors are bound by confidentiality. The registration and updating of data is primarily the responsibility of the staff.
An email marketing platform is still under development and the vuokatti.fi publishing system will be WordPress. System providers will have access to personal data if necessary.
12. Automated decision making and profiling
We do not use the data for automated decision making or profiling.
13. Visitor tracking
We track the number of visitors to our website using Google Analytics.